Re: Quilt 3.0 format and .pc direcotry

On 01/03/2014 06:04 AM, Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently porting linuxlogo to quilt 3.0 format and got some questions. From the wiki I can read that current .pc
> drectory should be deleted (
> https://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0#How_to_convert_a_source_package.3F) for porting. How should I add patches
> then ? When I issue quilt the directory is still created. I think the wiki is not clear on that.

If you add the .pc directory to your .gitignore (or the equivalent for your chosen VCS) everything will just work.

Quilt only uses the .pc files to determine what has changed.  It will recreate it as necessary when you push patches, so
"quit refresh" will do the right thing.  Because it's entirely derived from other sources (original sources and patch
files) there is no need to keep the .pc directory under source control and certainly no need to distribute it.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca>