Re: How to selectively silence git-multimail messages ?

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> Sometimes, I can guess in advance that a push will generate a flood of
> emails that will not be very relevant at best and annoying at worse on
> my packaging team's mailing list.  For instance, merges from upstream's
> master branch, with hundreds of commits that do not change the contents
> of the debian directory.  Sometimes, to avoid them, I log on Alioth and
> disable temporarly the commit hook.

> Would anybody be able to improve the system so that, when pushing with the
> --quiet option, the individual emails for each commits will be skipped ?

I've been wondering about this too.  Something to send out only a summary
mail message if a given push results in, say, more than 20 commits would
be very nice.

The last time I pushed the upstream merge for OpenAFS, I think it sent
about 200 mail messages with all the upstream changes since the previous
release.