Re: removing epoch slot

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Nico Schlömer wrote:

> the old netCDF package [1] has an epoch slot, 1, which seems entirely
> unnecessary. For the rewrite, it'd be nice if we could get rid of it.
> Is that common practice? Is there an upgrade path for it?

>From the changelog:

  * added 1: epoch due to old netcdf-doc package having epoch 1:

http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/n/netcdf/unstable_changelog

Not sure what you are referring to by rewrite, but if the all the
source/binary package names are different then you will be able to
avoid the epoch.

--
bye,
pabs