Re: RFS: snetmanmon, a simple network manager and monitor

Am 14.01.2016 um 00:07 schrieb Wookey:
+++ Alexander Holler [2016-01-12 21:04 +0100]:
Am 11.01.2016 um 21:22 schrieb Gianfranco Costamagna:

and fix the below:
-changelog: one single entry with "initial debian version or whatever and Closes: #ITP bug"
-control: seems fine, you can drop the debug package now that Debian has ddbg infrastructure
(automatic debug packages creation)
  std-version should be 3.9.6

Can do that.

-format should be 3.0 quilt not native

That doesn't work. I already have had spend time before with trying to use
3.0 and it didn't played well with the build system I'm using for snetmanmon
(cmake).

I've not been following this thread, so may be off the mark, but just
thought I should say that I've just uploaded about 50 packages which
use quilt 3.0 and cmake (and are built from git with git-buildpackage)
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/ros

It works fine, although you do need to use
dpkg-source --after-build .
to tidy up build artifacts before doing clean builds in sbuild for some packages.

Thanks for the hint regarding --after-build. I will see when I find the time to spend more time to read about building Debian packages from a Git-repository which uses cmake to build and install stuff. Util then, the (imho) fine Debian-package which my build-system builds has to be enough for Debian users.

Regards,

Alexander Holler