Re: reason not to upload new versions as fast as possible to unstable? (expect attempt to migrate to testing )

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 01:21:06PM +0100, toogley wrote:
> the wicd package currently has version 1.7.3 in unstable and testing, but
> 1.7.4 is already imported. Generally speaking it seems to me very reasonable
> to try to upload versions as fast as possible into unstable and testing, so
> I'm just asking for clarification:
>
> Apart from wanting to migrate a version from unstable to testing, is there
> any reason not to upload new upstream versions as fast as possible?

Possible reasons to tone down uploads:
* truly excessive frequency (like, dailies for more than a few days in a
  row)
* interfering with a transition
* during freeze
* libreofficeish build times
* huge tarballs

Doing two uploads in a row is perfectly fine.

--
A tit a day keeps the vet away.