Building a prospective 32 bit package on 64 bits.

I understand this much:

A package for a Debian system must be buildable on the Debian it is intended for.
Let's restrict our attention to a single architecture package.
So a new candidate DEC alpha packets must properly build on Buster DEC alpha , or on a fake-root system.

So far so good.

Running a AMD architecture Debian I run programs built for i386 without giving it much thought.

Is it sufficient if an i386 package builds and tests properly on an AMD buster, or is it mandatory to
install a i386 buster for testing?

An i386 package will run without problems on an AMD. Now if this has been confirmed, can AMD
be added to the architecture: line in the file ``control'' ?

Groetjes Albert

--
Suffering is the prerogative of the strong, the weak -- perish.
Albert van der Horst