Re: Fwd: dbab_1.3.2-2_source.changes REJECTED

On Friday, July 20 2018, Tong Sun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I sent the following email to Debian FTP Master a while back, but
> haven't received anything till now.
>
> Can somebody else help please, to send me the .dak file for the 'dbab'
> package that I maintain?

Hello Tong,

If you take a look at the wiki page for "Debian Maintainer":

  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer

You will see:

  Debian Maintainers (DMs) are people who have a restricted ability to
  upload packages to the Debian archive. They can maintain packages
  without a sponsor.

The key word here is "restricted".  It means you cannot upload new
packages to the archive; you can only upload updates to packages that
are already present in the archive, as long as you have been given
permission for that specific package.

Since "dbab" doesn't exist on Debian, you are not allowed to upload it.
In order to include the package, you have to go through the usual
process of finding putting your package on mentors.debian.net, creating
a RFS and finding a sponsor.  Only a DD can upload packages to NEW.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36