Re: My debian/control and possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description

On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 12:21:17PM -0500, Tong Sun wrote:
> My debian/control has the
> possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description warning.
>
> I've checked back-and-forth several times but really couldn't figure
> out where that possibility could be.

Have you also read the long description of that lintian tag?

mattia@warren ~ % lintian-info -t possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description
W: possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description
N:
N:   The package "Description:" contains an unindented line which starts
N:   with a dash (-) or asterisk (*). If this was meant to be a list of
N:   items these lines need to be indented (dselect would word-wrap these
N:   lines otherwise).
N:
N:   Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 5.6.13 (Description) for
N:   details.

Also please follow the Policy reference if that's still unclear (in
which case, I recommend you open a lintian bug proposing a better
wording once you understand).

> Could somebody check it for me please? I've post it at --
> https://gist.github.com/suntong/f57cb2aeff58541ebab4f07d637ff86e

Indeed lintian is right :)

--
regards,