Re: Best Location for Vim 8.2 Plugins?

On 2021-09-05 15:19:33 +1000, Jai Flack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What's the best place to put bundled Vim plugins now that vim82 has a
> new package system? From the documentation, /usr/share/vim/vim82/pack/
> is the global directory for such plugins (and I have confirmed it works
> correctly) however, Lintian complains about the location.
>
> Should I still place them according to how vim-plugin-manager expects?

Based on what the (neo)vim maintainer has done with vim-scripts,
vim-plugin-manager is being phased out. I haven't seen any efforts to
coordinate a transition to vim's packaging system, but I suppose looking
at vim-scripts is a good starting point on how to install plugins for
both vim and neovim.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher