Re: How to troubleshoot conffile files problems

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 10:46 AM Tong Sun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problem with my conffile files, see
>
> I.e.,
>
> ----
> grep: /etc/dbab/dbab.list-: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/dbab/dbab.addr: No such file or directory
> ----

OK, I want to remove all conffile files and reinstall the new ones
when doing package upgrade, as there isn't much user intervention to
those conffile files. All are provided by the package.

So I do `rm_conffile` to the old conffile files when doing package
upgrade, but the new conffile files provided by the new upgrading
package did not get installed afterwards, before they were used.

> They should be there but I have no idea why they are not.

That's why they are there if doing fresh package installation but they
are not there if doing package upgrade.

How to properly handle conffile files in such a case?

Please, please help.

Again, the package source is at:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dbab/

Thanks