Re: Packaging help: users and directories

Hello Gavin,

Le 2021-12-28 à 19 h 14, Gavin Henry a écrit :
> I was given this advice from Arthur, a Debian developer, but I can't
> find some of the finer details I'm looking for:

In addition to the developer reference and the other documentation, you
can get some inspiration from packages with a postinst script ,where
users and services are created, such as dnsmasq [1] or bind9 [2].

To create sqlite3 databases, you will need dbconfig-comon [3].

/Nicolas

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dnsmasq/-/tree/master/debian
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/dns-team/bind9/-/tree/debian/main/debian
[3] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/dbconfig-common/ch-develguide.html

Hi Nicolas,

We meet again! :)

Thanks! I want to do this first one, then I'm going to use your project. Just so I know how it all works.

SentryPeer will create the dB, just need /var/lib/sentrypeer directory created with the right user ownership etc.

Gavin.