Re: Packaging git submodule as multi upstream tarballs?

On Tue, 2023-06-13 at 16:48 +0200, Daniel Gröber wrote:

> I'm working on packaging prjtrellis[1] which has a git submodule that is
> required for building. My plan is to use dpkg-source's multi upstream
> tarball support to do this.

This appears to be the repo of the submodule:

https://github.com/YosysHQ/prjtrellis-db

I note Arch Linux uses a separate database package:

   $ grep database .github/archlinux/PKGBUILD
     # The database is provided in a separate package
     rmdir "$pkgdir"/usr/share/$_prj/database

> [1]: https://github.com/YosysHQ/prjtrellis

This repo contains embedded code copies, please follow this advice:

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCopies

--
bye,
pabs