Re: Help with Lintian error in python3 (pybind11-wrapped) package

On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 11:09 AM Andrey Rakhmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> wrote:
> No, as it says "phyton3".
> (I would also expect that using appropriate substvars here is better than
> writing deps manually)

I know, and added ${python3:Depends} and ${shlibs:Depends}, but
"dh-python" seems not to add any substvars, and "shlibs" does neither.

In fact, the "so" module built from the pybind11 wrapper seems not to
list any python library in "ldd", which also puzzled me:

ldd mrpt/pymrpt.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so  | grep py
  libsnappy.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsnappy.so.1 (0x00007facb732d000)

but the module loads perfectly from python3 scripts/interpreter, etc.
I checked that other "*cpython.so" modules out there indeed list
"libpython3.xxx.so" in their "ldd".
I understand this is what is preventing "shlibs" to automatically list
python3 as a substvar, but don't know how to fix it.

This is my first python3 package, so I don't feel confident about how
things should work.
Neither found an equivalent pybind11-based wrapper packaged in Debian
for reference, so any further pointers would be appreciated!.

JL

--

/**
 * Jose Luis Blanco-Claraco