Re: Help with GBP

On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 05:25:24PM +0100, Patrick ZAJDA wrote:
> First of all, I switched to the branch debian/stable/master where last
> bookworm backport is.
>
> Then I merged the tag debian/2.0.18-1 to have all commits until the version
> I wish to backport.
>
> Firstly, when running gbp dch --bpo I cannot pass also the --commit-msg or
> any commit related switch because "* unreleased" is added to the changes
> list below "* Rebuild for bookworm-backports".
>
> How can I avoid it?
>
> To avoid it temporarily, I simply used dch --bpo which made things as usual
> for me.
> But I really want to use gbp in the cleanest way.
I don't think using dch doesn't count as that. It's really optional.

> In the VCS there is the commit for the changelog, then another commit which
> contains the changes in its message, but this does not modify any file.
> I use Git a lot but it is the first time I encounter a commit which modify
> nothing.
Do you mean c28a8d75ce3277b104cd195548e6252bf2dbd4e0, "Import Debian
changes 2.0.15-2~bpo12+1"?
I guess it's from running gbp-import-dsc, it's empty because the same
package was imported that was built from the previous commit, and I don't
think running it was intended or is needed.