Re: Help in finding the cycle counter for mips and mipsel

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 03:24:26AM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 08:53:31PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > The question is, how does one access the counter from userspace? It is
> > possible to compile using --without-cycle-counter. Should I simply do
> > that for mips and mipsel?
>
> There is no way to use it - The cycle-counter is only available on R4k
> and up - The R3k which is also a target for debian-mips(el) does not
> have a cycle counter.

Thanks. That is exactly what I needed to know.

If you know how, could you tell me how to access the cycle counter on
those newer chips? I would like to send the information upstream and
include it with the Debian package for those who would like to compile
fftw3 themselves.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org