Re: O2+ kernel, framebuffer & installer state?

Ralf Baechle wrote:
[snip]
> Btw, after resurrection from the dead the RM200 C wants a boot CD.  It's
> an ARC machine so it can boot files directly from an ISO9660 filesystem.
> It's also little endian so modulo CD most of an install CD should be
> sharable with a DECstation except low-level stuff like kernel and module
> binaries or X drivers.
>
> I never looked into Debian boot CDs before, what does it take to get this
> machine supported?

- A debian package of the Kernel, including modules
- Probably some harddisk bootloader (no requirement)
- Support in the new installer:
  - archdetect to find out the subarch (basically parses proc)
  - Keyboard/Keymap support (is this an AT style keyoard?)
  - .udebs (== installer modules) of Kernel and modules, created
    by the linux-kernel-di package
  - The udeb list for that subarchitecture
  - Probably some minor things I forgot about
- images/initrds/kernels from the installer package in the debian archive
- Support for this subarchitecture in debian-cd (means mostly: A script
  which makes the CD bootable. It would do nothing for the RM400)

Thiemo