Re: Debian on my tablet?

On Sun, 2017-01-22 at 08:10 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

>  adb dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmcblk0boot0 | dd of=boot.img
> and get the following long output:
> Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32

I think that you need this command instead:

adb shell dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmcblk0boot0 | dd of=boot.img

> ...Would it be the same to copy files with `adb pull'?  I tried to:
>
>  $ adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmcblk0boot0
>  3888 KB/s (2097152 bytes in 0.526s)

Yes, `adb pull` is approximately equivalent to piping via dd.

>  $ ./extract-ikconfig mmcblk0boot0
>  extract-ikconfig: Cannot find kernel config.

Try mmcblk0boot1 and also try each of the mmcblk0pX (1-7) partitions
and also all of the mmcblk1pX and mmcblk1bootX partitions from here:

/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0

> .  Instead, the file mmcblk0 copied with `adb pull' turns to be enormous,
> several Gigabytes, so that it occupied all space memory on my disk and I had to
> delete it.

Yeah, that will be the entire eMMC storage of the tablet.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise