Re: jack 0.75 mini-freeze

[Keeping only debian-multimedia and developers@lists.agnula.org on the
recipients' list, as I suspect it's not that interesting for the other
original recipients]

    >> Do we have a plan how to handle this with future JACK packages
    >> ?
    >>
    >> I think that it would be better to include the strict
    >> dependency rules in the packages instead of forcing them by the
    >> naming scheme of the JACK libraries. Several of the packages
    >> that rely on JACK only use a subset of its API, and therefore
    >> work across several releases.  Others don't (e.g. those
    >> including the transport API), they have to depend on specific
    >> libjack versions.

    ju> I've got an impression that by the time we actually get this
    ju> release in, we are probably going to be looking at 0.90, which
    ju> should be more stable, and then we'll probably be looking at
    ju> 1.0, which should be two more ABI changes; which isn't too
    ju> bad.

For the record, at:

http://apt.agnula.org/pool/main/j/jack-audio-connection-kit/

you can find an unofficial package of Jack 0.90.1.  The sources.list
lines are:

http://apt.agnula.org/ unstable main

If it can be of any usefulness for you, feel free to use it.  We are
maintaining it through a CVS here:

http://devel.agnula.org/scm/controlleroo.php?group_id=8&dir_name=/packages/jack-audio-connection-kit&hide_attic=0

Instructions for using the CVS are here:

http://devel.agnula.org/scm/?group_id=8

(replace [modulename] with packages/jack-audio-connection-kit)

bye,

andrea
--
Andrea Glorioso                        andrea.glorioso@agnula.org