Re: realtime-module-2.6.5-1_0.0.4-3+2.6.5-3_i386.changes ACCEPTED (fwd)

Guenter,

I've been considering upgrading my kernel for a while, I'm currently still
running a 2.4.22 (Agnula) kernel and a non-canonical mixture of testing and
Agnula/DeMuDi-1.1.0 packages at the moment. I'm wondering how much trouble I
would be letting myself in for if I was to make such a jump with the kernel.

I'm still relatively new to Debian Multimedia, I've been using it for a year &
a half and I am wary of ending up with a broken system, naturally. I'll be
running it on an i810 chipset and I'm wondering if this kernel is going to be
stable enough to be able to get on with making music or whether this is
really a mission for a non-production machine and a more experienced user.

Now that the Agnula/DeMuDi-1.1.1 live CD is here, I'm thinking of replacing my
Woody install with that, this way I can still be of use to the Agnula team.
However I'd also like to keep my testing/unstable install relatively up to
date - I generally try to stay under the threshold of known bugs unless
dependencies force me to do otherwise.

As ever, any thoughts, advice &c. gratefully accepted.

And Guenter, while we're at it; Thanks for all the work you've done for DeMuDi
- it has allowed me access to the kind of musical tools that previously I had
only dreamed of. This week I started learning pd :-)

cheers

tim hall