Re: [a-devel] AGNULA/DeMuDi 1.1.1 and 2.6.x kernel

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> > Note that I have *not* been running Nando's patch so far (but I will).
> > My hypothesis is that it is only required for the NPTL library.  But,
> > I don't really know that for sure yet.
>
> Well, depends on what problems were you seeing. The patch tries to fix
> the realtime priority of the client threads. I think you said at some
> point you were seeing that...

I was.  My two main problems were: (1) failure to acquire SCHED_FIFO
and (2) frequent segfaults when calling pthread_cancel().  I have not
seen either since I started testing with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19 set.

Today, I've been testing with NPTL (using the env variable).  That
seems to work, too, on Debian.  This is still without your patch, just
JACK 0.98.3 from CVS.

Is there something different about the Red Hat NPTL implementation?
--
  joq