Re: [FWD] Re: [Jackit-devel] parallel installs to die

|--==> Junichi Uekawa writes:

  JU> Hi,
  >>I've doubled checked the  new packages, both on  amd64 and i386, and I
  >>confirm that   the work fine,  without breaking  other  packages (this
  >>0.102.20  upstream release  was also included    in the recent  1.0 64
  >>Studio release, and no bug reports have come so far).
  >>
  >>So if  everybody is fine  with it I'm going  to upload the new package
  >>within this week.

  JU> Can you wait until etch release please ? This will mean binaries
  JU> compiled on sid will have a different SONAME requirements, so will no
  JU> longer work on etch. Right ?

No they will  still work, as the SONAME  is unchanged  with respect to
the jack version in etch, it's still 0.0.23.

  >>I'm  also thinking  to file bug  reports  against those  packages that
  >>build  depend on libjack0.100.0-dev, and which  should from now on use
  >>simply  libjack-dev,   although   a dummy  libjack0.100.0-dev  package
  >>depending on libjack-dev is still provide to avoid FTBFSs.

  JU> This is pretty disruptive, and does not contribute to general activity
  JU> of etch release.

Why   that?  The libjack-dev package is    currently a virtual package
(which at the moment is only provided by  libjack0.100.0-dev) , and in
any case  a  package  should  better  depend  on  it  rather   that on
libjack0.100.0-dev, unless there are specific reasons to do it.

So I  think that bug report should  be  done in  any  case, to prevent
having   to  change  build-dependencies   if libjack0.100.0-dev   gets
updated, say to libjack0.102.20-dev.

Ciao,

Free