Re: PS: Qtractor [solved]

Ralf,

On Thu, May 21, 2009 04:48, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I'm sorry,
>

> the 0.4.0 Package is a 64 Studio package, but synaptic says maintainer is
> the Debian Multimedia Team. I forced a downgrade to the hardy package and
> Qtractor started. I locked the 'downgraded' version 0.0.3.662.
>

> Best,
> Ralf
>

>> Hi :)
>>

>> I've got Qtractor by the Ubuntu Hardy Debian Multimedia Team Package
>> installed and if I try to run it, I get 'qtractor: error while loading
>> shared libraries: librubberband.so: cannot open shared object file: No
>> such file or directory'.
>>
>> The version of Qtractor is 0.4.0+debian-1~hardy1, the distro is 64
>> Studio 3.0-beta3 amd_64, based on Hardy.
>>

>> I can't see which version of librubberband.so is needed. The installed
>> version is 1.2-1 from
>> http://activecom.free.fr/linux/rubberband_1.2-1_amd64.deb.
>>

>> The lib is in /usr/local/lib, I added links to /lib, /usr/lib32 and
>> /usr/lib.
>>

>> Before I go on, without any knowledge, I guess it's better to ask
>>

>> - which version of librubberband.so does Qtractor need?
>> - to which path must librubberband.so be installed?

you can have any librubberband released version (>= 1.0.x). afaics,
they're all abi-compatible

your problem seems to be that librubberband.so is/was installed under
/usr/local/lib and this directory may not be in the shared library search
path.

check whether it is listed in /etc/ld.so.config . if not, edit and add the
line (/usr/local/lib) then run `ldconfig` so that change take effect
immediately. if all that is correct, qtractor should run fine as
librubberband.so is now searched and found by the dynamic linker.

i strongly recommend you to always try from the latest and greatest
source, that being the cvs version (currently qtractor-0.4.1.1325) or at
least the latest released version (0.4.1)

the so called "downgrade" version (0.0.3.662) is waaaay too old to make
any justice to where and what qtractor really is today (it's a 2year gap,
ya know?) although you'll don't find big differences in the gui...

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org