Ardour installation

Dear Maintainers

Since some time, maybe years, Ardour installation is not working any more from repository because of dependencies, I think.

I am in contact with Paul Davis who had given me some advise how I can get Ardour5 to work while using the script Ardour-5.12.0-x86_64.run which I could download from their homepage with my subscription.

But it is still starting very slow, maybe 'cause of broken dependencies to "fontconfig". Paul has told me that it is still the better way to install the program from my specific Debian repository.

When I try to install Ardour with Synaptic I'll get the message that it will brake Ardour3 which is not installed and the Ardour5 will not be installed.

Trying to install it via apt-get it gives me the information that

- it depend on libqm-dsp0, which

- depends vamp-plugin-sdk, which

-depends libvamp-hostsdk3v7, which could not be installed 'cause of different version-numbers (2.7.1~repack0-1 vs. 1:2.7.1-dmo2)

Means no chance to be installed with apt-get!

Here are my system- informations:

Betriebssystem: Debian GNU/Linux
KDE-Plasma-Version: 5.14.5
Qt-Version: 5.11.3
KDE-Frameworks-Version: 5.54.0
Kernel-Version: 4.20.16-towo.1-siduction-amd64
Art des Betriebssystems: 64-bit
Prozessoren: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Speicher: 15,6 GiB Arbeitsspeicher

Can you please give me any help on how to install Ardour5, which I prefer, or any other version of it from real Debian repository, or if this problem will be fixed  in the future by any upgrade, or if Ardour(5) will still be maintained via repository.

Is there any alternative solution standard now in Debian?

I am sure that a lot of non-profit enthusiast will be very very happy to get this open-source application running again on their Debian Linux machines.

Thx for your effort and the information you can give.

Best regards,

--
Martin Ingelmann