Re: pd packages in debian-multimedia

On 12/7/22 13:01, fabian@greffrath.com wrote:
Hey IOhannes,

thank you for your work on the pd packaging in Debian!

I don't want to sound un-inviting, but I have received (and deleted) about 200 mails this week related to uploads of pd-* packages to Debian

so i've finally beaten the constant kodi email stream ;-)

via the debian-multimedia mailing list. This adds quite an amount of noise for a whole category of packages that I usually don't (have to) care about. Do you think it would make sense to move the whole pd packaging effort to its own maintenance team and mailing list?

hmmm.
the thing is, that i'm currently the only one who is really taking care of the 80+ pd-packages.

a team (or mailinglist) with only a single person does not make much sense, and even though the multimedia-team (as such; execpt myself) is not actively involved in the pd-packaging, i quite like the idea that there's at least a nominal maintainer-group that could fix bugs in time for the next release in case of my unavailability.

so i'd rather not.

now, the reason why there have been so many mails, is because i've bundled the buildsystem in dh helpers, and then have done a batch upload. only to be told on IRC that my use of dh-sequences vs dh-buildsystems is frowned upon.
so I've fixed this, and re-uploaded the whole shebang.
afaict, this has now been processed, and I hope to no longer create such masses of uploads and thus emails and thus noise on our precious mailboxes.

i hope this is acceptable for you.

gfmads
IOhannes