Re: Problem application

Hello all:

Re: Rejecting applicants.

Reputable sources, including current Debian developers, have expressed serious
misgivings over the Applicant In Question (AIQ). More importantly, there are
allegations of cracking and harassment (AIQ has telephoned reputable sources
and harassed them, for example).

Although I believe that the New Maintainer Application Process should be as
open as possible, I certainly would not want my personal name attached to the
rejection notice (Luca Filipozzi Rejects AIQ, for example), given the AIQ's
alleged behavior.

I think the questions that need answering are (and I'm paraphrasing Jim's
points somewhat):
1) What reasons are justification for rejection? Are complaints from current
   maintainers sufficient or are we opening ourselves up to "I don't like him"
   kind of complaints?
2) Once the need for rejection is identified, how is the rejection communicated
   to the AIQ?
3) What recourse do AIQ's have once informed of their rejection?

Responding is,

Luca

--
Luca Filipozzi
[dpkg] We are the apt. Resistance is futile. You will be packaged.