Re: AM reports

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Ralf Treinen wrote:
>
> > A log of the relevant parts of the discussion with the applicant is
> > a required part of the AM's report, as explained in the "Note for
> > Application Managers". Even if it weren't it appears to me most evident
> > to keep track of the discussion with the applicant.
>
> Since when?  This wasn't a requirement for the first 4 developers whom I
> helped usher through the NM process.  And what's evident to you doesn't
> imply policy.  First of all, it presumes that the thing is going to take
> place via IRC or email.  What if it's done face-to-face over a beer?

Good question. Maybe some DAM can answer that?

> The former.  In fact, it seems to me that the AM is not trusted to judge
> the applicant's responses to P&P questions if someone else needs to see
> them.  So why should I waste my time trying to guess what the DAM wants to
> see for this section?

Hmm. I have to admit that the current organization lacks some transparency
to me. I do not even know who exactly is DAM, who is front desk, and most
importantly how people are appointed to these positions. Maybe this was
decided before I joined ?

-Ralf.