Re: AM Report for Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net>

Andres Salomon wrote:
> While I appreciate the sentiment, I've already decided to orphan my
> packages.  I haven't heard a word from the DAM, and have no idea when/if
> he'll be processing applicants in the near future.  I've run out of
> patience; there's other things in Debian that I can work on that don't
> require being in the keyring, I'd rather work on those until the DAM
> processes my app.

Perhaps opinions vary, but orphaning packages seems to me to be
potentially quite disruptive to users of your packages.  Since the DAM
looks at applicant's dedication to the project and its goals, I think
there's a good chance that orphaning your packages until the DAM
approves your application will be counterproductive.

--
Kevin Rosenberg
kevin@rosenberg.net