Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

Don Armstrong wrote:
>> It could happen that an AM lets the year elapse without making a
>> decision, but this is then a clear opportunity for the FD to fire
>> the AM.
>
> So you want to have less AMs...

Eliminating the (hypothetical!) useless ones would be beneficial, yes,
since (in the hypothetical scenario we are discussing) the AM is just
wasting the applicant's time.

> What does that matter? Being an active and positive contributor to
> Debian makes your application process much easier

Hmm, I am not sure that that is true.  According to an AM I know, prior
work in Debian doesn't count at all because the FD and DAM don't have
time to review that work.  On the other hand I have read some AM reports
where prior work weighed very heavily indeed.  In one report the
applicant didn't even have to answer T&S questions because he had made
some packages that looked good to the AM!

Hmm, do you think if I helped out with some packages I could get through
NM quickly too??
--
Thomas Hood