Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

Le Mer 5 Avril 2006 15:23, Ingo Juergensmann a écrit :
> You're pointing out something important: changes can only be made by
> DDs. If no DD is feeling like something should be improved, whereas
> NMs are upcoming with ideas, nothing will change. Not really
> surprising, though. ;)

well, that would be true if recent DD hadn't gone through the same NM
recently, with the same problems.

> > Michael was simply pointing out that your generalization of the
> > probem diiverted from the specific problem that we're trying to
> > handle here... and as such the "generic" discussion should be moved
> > somewhere else.
>
> Anyway, Michael and you are showing exactly what the problem is:
> instead of coming up with own ideas how to improve the NM process in
> this discussion, you're discussing about the right place of a
> meta-discussion instead of taking arguments from the prior posts and
> see what you can do about that.

very true.

Pointing out the frustration of the NM process just make it worse. It
does not helps, and makes its reputation worse. NM wont disappear
because it's vital to the project.

So instead of argue what part of it is the worst, just do your proposal.
For example, my proposal is threefold :
 * one third is writing a systematic scheduler, that is (mostly) a
   matter of php skills (as nm.d.o is in php), I can do that, and it's a
   rather small task IMHO.

 * another third is to provide to NM applicants a place to lists things
   they do for debian. wiki.debian.org could do that, or maybe some
   other dedicated wiki (to avoid pollution) could be set-up, that's not
   hard work, and to avoid falsification, we could require it to be
   gpg-signed, or any other method. Once again, mostly easy, I could
   even provide that on my people.d.o webspace.

 * the last third needs more work (my IMAP/NNTP/... proposal), as it
   needs some complex stuff to be put together.

so at least 2/3 of my proposal is straighforward to implement.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit