Re: Rewording of NM-corner (WAS: Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006)

On 2006/04/06, at 16:55, Don Armstrong wrote:

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006, JC Helary wrote:
The Debian Project New Member process, is the process of becoming an
official Debian Project Member (DPM), also called Debian Developer
(DD) for historical purposes.

It's more than that; that's what the constitution refers to Debian
Developers as, so the NM process needs to use the same terminology.

Yes, the constitution refers to Developers as being _Project Members_.
(article 5.1.2)

I mentioned that yesterday already. Let me quote myself:

Also in the constitution there is clear reference to developers=project members in 5.1.2
2. Lend authority to other Developers.
The Project Leader may make statements of support for points of view or for other members of the project, when asked or otherwise;

So there is absolutely no problem shifting to a "Member" terminology in the NM process, as long as it is documented as equivalent to developer, according to the glossary _and_ to the constitution.

Jean-Christophe Helary