AM report for for Fathi Boudra <fboudra@free.fr>

Hello,

Report for new developer applicant:

   Fathi Boudra <fboudra@free.fr>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

Key ID: 0x6AA572F7, signed by various Debian Developers.
Keycheck results:

  pub   1024R/6AA572F7 2005-04-13
        Key fingerprint = CEE0 6509 A9D4 2D28 D257  3EA8 8CF5 35F6 6AA5 72F7
  uid                  Fathi Boudra <fboudra@free.fr>
  sig!         F1BCDB73 2006-03-18  Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
  sig!         AEBCE71F 2006-07-02  Christian Bayle <bayle@debian.org>
  sig!3        6AA572F7 2005-04-13  Fathi Boudra <fboudra@free.fr>

  18 signatures not checked due to missing keys
  Key is ok
  Check for key expire stuff
  Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

  Applicant writes:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  [...]

  So far my contributions in Debian are done in kde-extras team with Mark
  Purcell. I'll add potential interesting kde applications that aren't yet
  in kde official module. I do also some QA work, pinging maintainer
  having kde applications and provide help for their package or invite
  them to co-maintain with kde-extras team (recently for liblcms,
  ktorrent, kbarcode and kbfx). I participate regularly in qt/kde team
  with bug triage in my free time, and have good contact with them,
  especially Pierre Habouzit.

  I maintain/co-maintain some non-kde applications like log4cpp, and soon,
  clucene, log4php, spip and vtiger-crm. I regularly backport kvpnc,
  sponsored by Daniel Baumann.

  My primary areas of interest, as you can see, are debian and kde. My
  goals are debian-desktop-kde oriented. We have many good applications
  but we lack in the "debian-glue" to have a consistent entreprise class
  distribution.  Some projects, i want to participate in :

   * qt/kde reportbug GUI (based on philipp kern work with his SoC 2006)
   * debian-desktop. Gnome peoples work nicely, but we lack of people
   * working the kde part, providing a debblue wallpaper with kde
     colorscheme, ksplash theme and kdm theme, ...
   * Finish splashy integration in debian (part of debian-desktop for me)
   * Debian Watch Health Status (dehs project on alioth) I think that watch
     file are usefull.
   * Remove su-to-root from menu package, and use xdg-utils/xdg-su from
     freedesktop portland project to have a common way to deal with
     elevated user privileges problems (kvpnc and qtparted are use cases)
     : http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3D359962

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
  Fathi has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and Procedures.
  He answered all my questions about Social Contract, DFSG, BTS etc. in
  a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
  Fathi answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

  Fathi is active in the Debian KDE team and maintains and comaintains
  many Debian packages.  To my judgement, he is doing a good job.

4. Recommendation
-----------------
   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:       fabo
   Forward-Email: fboudra@free.fr

I should also point out at these mails of people loudly requesting that
Fathi becomes a Debian Developers as soon as possible:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/03/msg00103.html
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/03/msg00131.html
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/03/msg00135.html
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/03/msg00128.html