Re: Endorsing Francis Murtagh's key 563E5D5FF3F93017FB3DE27D4C99693A5941C02F

On 2020-11-17 13:20 +0100, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:

> Ah, our first endorsement user!
>
> I've validated Francis' key checks yesterday.
>
> That being said, endorsements is, in our opinion, rather a way to tell
> that your digital interactions with Francis were with him using that key
> and not to tell "I signed his key" or "I know who he is", which would be
> redundant with signatures.

Yeah. But when I looked originally the interface showed '0 DD sigs' on
the key even though I signed it some weeks/months ago. I guess the signed key
was not uploaded to wherever nm.debian.org checks against, so I
thought I'd try your fancy Endorsement UI.

Then at some point yesterday the signed key was uploaded or you/the
system checked the sigs so this did indeed become superfluous.

nm.debian.org has got way better since I last intereacted. Good
job. And the process appears to have dramatically sped up too. Looks
like DM-ship can all be done in a day or two, rather than months.

> I'll add some documentation on the submit endorsement page, but I hope
> this clarifies it a bit for you!

Yeah it would help to clarify when to sign (and where the sigs need to
go to get recognised) vs. when to endorse.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/