Re: Moritz Schlarb: Application Manager report

Hi all,

"Thomas Goirand (via nm.debian.org)" <nm@debian.org> wrote on 12/09/2023 at 09:13:39+0200:
> Hi,
>
> It's the 2nd time that Moritz is completely unresponsive. The first time,
> it went from 17th of Feb. to 3rd of Jul. with no answer. I told Moritz that
> he must tell me if such thing happens, but this is happening again.
>
> This not only shows the lack of motivation. It also is troublesome for me as
> the AM, and for anyone that may interact with him if this happens again in
> the future. This would not be a problem if the lack of response was only for
> this application. But looking at some BTS entries (which I don't remember but
> can easily find again if asked), I found the same lack of responsivity, even
> though it feels like he knew the answer.
>
> The application from Moritz started in 2022. We're now 9 month later. That
> is very unusual if a NM is assigned to me. I pay a lot of attention to
> process replies in a timely maner. I feel like I'm wasting my time in this
> case, as I have to re-read answers again, and again to remember where we
> were at.
>
> Therefore, I am afraid I have no choice but to reject Moritz application.
> The lack of responsivness may be a problem with his interaction with other
> members of the project, and this isn't what one would expect from other DDs.
>
> I do have to insist that there was no technical issue in this application, and
> Moritz seems to have the necessary skills. I'm very much OK if Moritz re-apply
> later on, if he decides to reply faster.
>
> Cheers,

Ok, so after some mixup in my brain I got things right.

Moritz, I closed your application. Considering the current situation,
I'd suggest that when you find enough free time to work again in Debian,
you start with resuming Debian activities (whatever they are), then if
after some time you still feel like it, you may open a new process or
come to us to see whether this one could be considered for reopening.

I wish you the best in the meantime.

With best regards,
--
PEB