Re: Adam Borowski: Declaration of intent to become a DD, upl.

On 17115 March 1977, Geert Stappers wrote:
>I would like to reapply to change my status in Debian
>back to Debian Developer, uploading.
>   ..., and would like to continue the battle to dethrone gregoa
>from the #1 all-time spot
Oh hell no. I really don't think we need or want him back, given
history here.
FWIW:  I would like[1] to have a better[2] Adam back.

An Adam who has addressed / acknowledged the points from the past that
led to the current status and took precautions to ensure it won't end up
the same, yes. An Adam where the project can be sure it will not just be
a repeated history. Coming back is fine - unless it is for exact the
same as before.

Right now *I* fail to see that. It *appears* more like "Just wait off
the time, people will forget, reapply and continue as before". I would
hope its not like this, but it does look a lot like it.

I assume that "battle" and "dethrone" where sends a joke,
but want to have that expressed expliciet. Or want other text
in the motivation on why returning to previous status[3].

Just explaining those two words away is *not* going to make people look
favorable at the application. Not with the person who used them.

--
Silence is hard to parse

That quote fits entirely too well in this case.

--
bye, Joerg