Re: Morphix/Debian-NP CDs

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:35:58AM +0100, Tomas 'TT' Krag wrote:
> I would put anything to do with localization, ie. unicode fonts, the
> yudit editor and as many language versions as possible of
> gnome/mozilla/openoffice on there.

Mozilla seems to support just about everything out of the box on a
Debian installation (I found, and was able to view/read the
Amharic/Ethiopic version of google yesterday!).

GNOME I'm a little new so I'll welcome any input from others both on
how to set this up and then, perhaps more importantly, how to set up a
good interface to have people select and which between. I've not
really used GNOME extensively and don't know.

In terms of OOo, it looks like the news is better. I can install ...

openoffice.org-l10n-ar - Arabic language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-ca - Catalan language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-cs - Czech language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-da - Danish language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-de - German language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-el - Greek language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-en - English US language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-es - Spanish language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-fi - Finnish language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-fr - French language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-it - Italian language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-ja - Japanese language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-ko - Korean language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-nl - Dutch language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-pl - Polish language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-pt - Portuguese language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-pt-br - Português do Brasil language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-ru - Russian language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-sk - Slovak language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-sv - Swedish language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-tr - Turkish language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-zh-cn - Chinese Simplified language package for openoffice.org
openoffice.org-l10n-zh-tw - Chinese Traditional language package for openoffice.org

... on the next build. :)

> Since I'm not a debian user, I don't know much about what exists as
> packages, but the cd would be awesome if it ran out of the box with
> various alphabets etc.
>
> that would include:
>
> sylfaen font for georgian/armenian

I did a quick search and didn't find anything. :-/ If there doesn't
exist a sylfaen font in Debian (but a free one exists), lets work
together to get this packaged. We can help you file an RFP (request for
package) or you can search yourself for how to do this. Otherwise, you
could probably put together a package yourself pretty easily.

> yudit unicode editor

Right. Will be done.

> but probably a number of other things as well.
>
> Some time next year I want to put together a Morphix version with
> the specific purpose of showcasing gnu/linux localization projects,
> but mosy of this stuff is crucial on a debian-np disc as well.

That sounds awesome. It would be a very cool advocacy tool.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill