Re: Calendula diagram

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 8:21 pm, Darryl Caldwell wrote:
> Hi Debian-NPers,

Hey Darryl,

> I have whipped up a diagram of the Calendula Fundraising system interface
> work flow. It is a bit crude, as I have no formal training in this type of
> diagramming. Any comments are welcome.

You asked for it ... ;)

> It has been said that fundraising systems are the killer app for nonprofit
> adoption of FLOSS.
>
> http://fudosys.com/calendula-diagram.png

>From my experience with non profits (mainly small ones), their fundraising
mailing list is pretty core to their operations and therefor any changes to
how they maintain it is invasive and high risk.

>From this perspective, one piece that is missing from your work flow is an
import action.

Another possibility: consider making Calendula wrap around an existing mailing
list database, so the user doesn't have to change anything.  Define an plugin
interface that Calendula calls to get address details--you just store the
fundraising stuff.  Then write one implementation of the interface for an
ODBC connection (or an Outlook address book, or Act, or Organizers DB, or
FileMake pro, or ??)

Regards,

Mark