Re: xstr e netclient deb packages

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 05:16:33PM +0100, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
> > And then we would make a debian package of findlib, with an additional tool
> > that will just register installed packages with findlib, like it is done for
> > info files and the menu packages.
>
>  I agree
I agree too and I ask Gerd for such a tool.
But I want move the point to other questions.

Ocamlfind may be used for various use, mainly two use (i guess):
compiling (and so write makefile) and installing/deinstalling.

For packaging modules that use findlib for compiling, we can think to
findlib as a Build-Depends, but till now we have not a findlib package
!!!
Is possibile to create debian package without working source package ?

For packaging modules that use findlib only for install we want to use
findlib or not ?
We in fact may use install instead of findlib as a temporary solution
and when we have findlib package we may add in a postinst script the
registration to findlib db.

Another question is, for such a package findlib have to be a depends or
not ?
Note that findlib is not needed for that package to work properly.

--
	- Zack -

Stefano Zacchiroli <zacchiro@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science at University of Bologna, Italy
SysAdm of verdicchio.students.cs.unibo.it (130.136.3.134)
	"Information wants to be Open"