Re: versioned libraries dependencies

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:59:11PM +0100, J?r?me Marant wrote:
 Yes I understood correctly. But it is not necessary to make it mandatory
 since it really depends on applications. Those which are source compatible
 won't require it.

Yes, it is necessary to make it mandatory.

If you have a library libA-ocaml-dev which build depends on
libB-ocaml-dev _AND_ (but please not that this is the usual case)
libB-ocaml-dev needs to be linked in each time you develop using
libA-ocamld-dev then you have to rebuild libA each time you rebuilt
libB, otherwise the linking against both this library will be
impossible.

Do you hav a concrete example? It looks like a problem with applications
using libraries as shared objects. In that case, you need a scheme for
package names.

Cheers,