Re: Debian OCaml Task Force

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 09:44:14AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Ok, are you sure? Look at this:
> >
> >   $ dpkg -p apache | grep Maintainer
> >   Maintainer: Debian Apache Maintainers <debian-apache@lists.debian.org>
> >
> > can't we follow the same idea? I guess that there is an Uploader field
> > for each apache maintainer ...
> >
> > This seems to me the good choice, because even for the final user is
> > clear that the package are maintained by a pool.
>
> OK, it would work I guess.

Mmm, would we feed it directly to the debian-ocaml-maint mailing list,
or would we do a separate mailing list on alioth ?

> >> - everyone must ensure that the package will be fixed when needed.
> >
> > Ok, I guess that for us the "when needed" is _really_ mandatory after
> > ocaml releases or when it's blocking some other package to enter
> > testing.
>
> Yes, we don't want to hear "this ain't my business" from everyone
> at the same time :-)

Well, it is usually just a rebuild, if nobody steps in, i can do it, and
upload all of it together with the new ocaml.

Apart from the signing, it could even be somewhat automated or
something.

Friendly,

Sven Luther