Re: what about the mldonkey package?

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 06:16:35PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>> Sylvain Le Gall is its new maintainer. He has already prepared packages
>> and send announces to some people (and me). If you want to check
>> them, I think he can give you the link.
>
> Good thing, because Goswin seems to be unreachable.
>
> BTW, I'm really more interested in seeing the package in debian than in
> having a debian package for myself (I can keep on using the version
> compiled from sources).

  Many would be interested I guess.

> mldonkey is:
> - one of the best peer to peer client available for linux
> - probably one of the most widespread OCaml program
>
> ... is really sad not to have it in Debian.
>
> A new release (2.4) has just been released (11/05/2003), it's claimed to
> be stable and AFAICT the licensing issues have been resolved.

  True.

> What is stopping mldonkey to be uploaded into unstable/main?

  The package must be checked (it is using debconf) before.
  I'm not sending the URL to the list because it has been
  sent privately.
  If you have more time than me to sponsor him, I think you can
  have a look at his packages. (I'll send the link in private).

  Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org