Re: ocaml 3.06.99.beta2-2 released.

Selon Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>:

> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 07:05:33PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> >   o the objinfo patch. May well be included in the next (3.08?) release
> >   though.
>
> What do tuo mean with "objinfo patch"? If you mean the patch that change
> the executable name it's ok to wait for it. But if you mean the patch
> that add support for native code objects (.cmx, .cmxa) why not ship it
> already from 3.07?

Like Stefano, I'd be pleased to be educated about this objinfo patch
and what it does.

> >   o the libdir_version patch. May be included in 3.08 also, maybe
> >   together with the -suffix patch which is not included here. In another
> >   form though.
>
> Does this mean that ocaml libraries will be installed back again in
> /usr/lib/ocaml instead of /usr/lib/ocaml/3.07?

Can we have some details about this too?

> It's ok not to support more than one version at a time, but we had
> already adopted the /usr/lib/ocaml/<version> convention. IMO is silly to
> switch back to /usr/lib/ocaml again. It will be just an additional
> difficulty for the users.

I doubt it. The switch to the versioned ocaml directory has been
done transparently and only packages install stuff there.
But maybe did I miss something?

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant