Re: DD for Felix package requested

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 11:50 +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> On Friday 25 August 2006 09:49, skaller wrote:
[]
> > Keeps asking for the password. Yes I put the right password
> > in (I changed it 24 hours ago, and confirmed with Alioth
> > login, which worked). And yes its svn co svn+ssh: ... without
> > a space around the + sign.
>
> login to svn.debian.org and have your pub ssh key added in

[]

OK, done, and have got the svn archive for felix now, thanks!
I hope, like CVS, I don't need to remember that command  :)

> By the way, here are mine shell aliases wrt svn-buildpackage, you might find
> them useful and summarizing. This is what you actually need in general to
> easily (re-)build a package which packaging files are under svn control.

> alias gos='fakeroot debian/rules get-orig-source'

BTW: I have the svn checkout under my Ubuntu account, NOT under
my Debian chroot. Perhaps this is wrong? I have to be root
to get into the chroot?

> alias svn-b='svn-buildpackage   -rfakeroot --svn-ignore'
> alias
> svn-bl='svn-buildpackage  -rfakeroot --svn-ignore --svn-lintian --svn-linda'
> alias
> svn-bs='svn-buildpackage  -rfakeroot --svn-ignore --svn-builder="dpkg-buildpackage -kYOURKEY -sa"'
> alias
> svn-reb='svn-buildpackage -rfakeroot --svn-ignore --svn-reuse --svn-dont-clean --svn-dont-purge'
> alias
> svn-s='svn-buildpackage   -rfakeroot --svn-ignore --svn-builder="dpkg-buildpackage -kYOURKEY -D -S -sa"'
>
> NOTE: change your key accordingly and add further tweaks of course.
>
> Use the following directory structure under packages/felix/:
> trunk/debian/
> tags/<felix-UpstreamVersion-DebianRevision>/debian/
> build-area/ - where you built packages will appear - you don't need to commit
> that dir to svn repo
> tarballs/  - Upstream tarball, you dont need to upload that dir to the svn
> repo

Hmm .. not sure exactly what you mean to 'use' that structure.

At present Mike has just:

felix/debian/*
felix/upstream/*

and I have got this far editing stuff and am now a bit lost:

skaller@rosella:/usr/local/svn/felix/felix$ svn-b
fakeroot debian/rules clean || debian/rules clean
test -d debian/patched || install -d debian/patched
dpatch  apply-all
dpatch  cat-all  >>patch-stampT
mv -f patch-stampT patch-stamp
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f build-stamp config-stamp
/usr/bin/make distclean
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/svn/felix/felix'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/svn/felix/felix'
make: [clean1] Error 2 (ignored)
rm -f interscript/*.pyo
rm -f interscript/*/*.pyo
rm -f interscript/*/*/*.pyo
rm -f a.out
rm -rf speed
rm -rf script
rm -rf config flxbuild
dh_clean
dpatch  deapply-all
rm -rf patch-stamp patch-stampT debian/patched
        origDir: ../upstream
        origUrl: svn
+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/packages/felix/upstream
        tagsUrl: svn
+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint/tags/packages/felix
        trunkDir: /usr/local/svn/felix/felix
        trunkUrl: svn
+ssh://skaller-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/packages/felix
dpkg-checkbuilddeps
cp: cannot stat `': No such file or directory
svn --force
export /usr/local/svn/felix/felix /usr/local/svn/felix/build-area/felix-1.1.2Export complete.
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is felix
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 1.1.2-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by John Skaller <skaller@users.sf.net>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: cannot read control file debian/control: No
such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)
Command dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot failed
in /usr/local/svn/felix/build-area/felix-1.1.2, how to continue now?
[Qri?]:
Invalid selection! The choices are: Quit (q), Retry (r), Ignore &
continue (i).
[Qri?]: q
Aborting.
------------------------------------

Now, you are saying to create four new directories:

trunk/debian/
tags/<felix-UpstreamVersion-DebianRevision>/debian/
build-area/
tarballs/

(the first two of which get committed to svn repository).

which leaves me slightly lost, considering I'm trying to
edit an existing debian/rules file .. which seems not to
build properly anyhow :)

Be useful is this message: