omake failures (#510919)

Hello gyus,

I really think that bugs like #510919 should never happen [tm]. I'm really not
able to understand how it is possible a package with so blatant lintian bawls
to be uploaded to the Debian archive.

First, if it is not meant to be directly invoked as mentioned in the
debian/changelog [1] why it is found in /usr/bin and why is the lintian valid
protest ignored so lightly ?

Second, (the blatant one); package build relies on a specially crafted version
of ocamldep, that is ocamldep/ocamldep-omake -- a binary-only file with
header stripped. Yes, I can see the patch debian/ocamldep.patch, but this is
not how the source package are supposed to be prepared in Debian.

Ok, enough of rant! Possible ways of actions, imo, please add yours:

1. apply the above mentioned patch against ocamldep as brought with ocaml-nox
package. That would be pretty dangerous, since ocaml-nox rdeps are exposed at
risk. Unlikely to be approved by the release team.

2. prepare a separate source package to carry out that special version of
ocamldep (possibly called ocamldep-omake) in order to avoid messing up with
ocaml-nox package, and make it build-dependency of omake. Possilbe drawbacks:
new package, unlikely to be approved by release team at that point.

3. extend the source package of omake in order to embed the sources of such a
special ocamldep-omake and invoke it right along during the omake build.
Drawbacks: embeded source copies, security risk.

4. completely remove that broken package from the archive, no build-repends
are found, no harm done. This is my favourity one.

While I believe that 2nd. and 3rd. would have been possible (ugly, but
possible) courses of action before the freeze (provided these blatant
failures would have not been ignored lightly), I don't believe that release
team would approve them at that stage of the release. Obviosuly 1st. is
pretty dangerous, thus we will be better served with 4th.

Comments ?

[1]
(0.9.8.3-1-1):
Removed ocamlrun header from ocamldep-omake since omake actually runs it
as 'ocamlrun ocamldep-omake' itself