Re: problems compiling advi into bytecode without -custom

Hello,

On 03-03-2010, Stéphane Glondu <glondu@debian.org> wrote:
> Ralf Treinen a écrit :
>> I am just working on updating the advi package to the new upstream version
>> 1.8 and encountered a problem with compiling into bytecode. I tried to
>> remove the "-custom" flag, but that makes compilation fail, with:
>>
>>   File "_none_", line 1, characters 0-1:
>>   Error: Error while linking graphicsY11.cmo:
>>   The external function `caml_gr_unset_cursor' is not available
>>
>> While it compiles fine when I leave he original -custom flag. Any ideas
>> what is going on here? Missing compiler flags? A bug in the camlimages
>> package? Something else?
>
> caml_gr_unset_cursor (and others) is defined in src/grY11.c in advi. You
> have to make a .so (e.g. dlladvi.so) out of the C stubs (src/*.c). This
> can be done with ocamlmklib. You can then install it in the standard
> location (/usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs currently) and the pure bytecode
> executable should be able to run with plain ocamlrun.

Just a matter of style probably, but I think you should put dlladvi.so
into /usr/lib/advi/dlladvi.so as per
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-sharedlibs.html#s-sharedlibs-support-files

(I don't remember if it Mehdi or Stéphane who pointed me there).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall