Re: ocaml-extunix updated

Le 12/06/2013 10:58, Hendrik Tews a écrit :
> I updated ocaml-extunix.
>
> The package contains a patch to disable the execinfo test on arm
> and powerpc. Why does this patch have
>
>   Forwarded: not-needed
>
> ? AFAIU certain design choices are responsible for the failure of
> the execinfo test on arm and powerpc. I would therefore say that
> upstream should disable execinfo on these platforms.

I marked it as "Forwarded: not-needed" (which is not well named, but
looked the most suitable DEP3 header) because the patch was not in a
state to be forwarded upstream as is. Of course, something should be
done upstream... and looking at the git log, it seems it has been (new
--disable-execinfo configure option). But for some reason, Mehdi
reverted the change that removed the patch and enabled
--disable-execinfo (I guess because it didn't work well).

Do you want to investigate this before I upload?

Cheers,

--
Stéphane