Re: Transitioning to 4.04 or 4.05

On 11/07/2017 15:26, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
> Did you try compiling other Debian packages? I mean, packages from
> unstable that don't need changes?

I have just rebuilt, starting from your packages (ocaml, ocamlbuild (it
misses a bdep to libfindlib-ocaml-dev BTW), findlib, camlp4), as many
packages as possible up to level 5:

http://ocaml.debian.net/debian/ocaml-4.05.0%2Brc1/pool/

Failing packages: camlidl camljava camlp5 camlpdf cmdliner cppo
cryptokit hevea hhvm kalzium labltk menhir mlgmp mysql-ocaml ocaml-alsa
ocaml-base64 ocaml-curses ocaml-deriving ocamlgsl ocamlify ocaml-libvirt
ocaml-mm ocamlpam ocaml-portaudio ocaml-res ocaml-sqlite3 ocaml-ssl
optcomp orpie ounit pagodacf parmap pcre-ocaml perl4caml pipebang
polygen postgresql-ocaml ppx-tools tophide type-conv ulex uuidm uutf xmlm

These failures should be investigated and fixed prior to the transition
(if possible). Many of them are simply a missing ocamlbuild in bdeps.

For completeness, I give the packages not built (because of missing
bdeps or lazyness):

Missing packages at level 3: botch llvm-toolchain-3.7 ocamlduce scilab

Missing packages at level 4: apron bibtex2html coq-doc haxe hivex
hol-light ledit mingw-ocaml mlpcap ocamlcreal ulex0.8

Missing packages at level 5: camomile cmigrep coccinelle comparelib
enumerate extlib herelib jsonm lablgl mikmatch ocaml-benchmark
ocaml-duppy ocaml-extunix ocaml-fileutils ocaml-inifiles ocaml-re
ocaml-reins ocaml-text ocaml-xmlplaylist ocp-indent otags pa-ounit
planets ppx-deriving sks wyrd

Once missing packages are reduced, I'll proceed with other levels.

Cheers,

--
Stéphane