Re: Preparation of the transition to OCaml 4.05.0: status update

Stéphane Glondu:
> [..]
>
> There are very few occurrences of dup3 and pipe2 in OCaml sources, and
> looking at them, upstream indeed "tweaked some things to use dup3/pipe2
> instead". But the codepath is conditioned to the presence of HAS_DUP3
> and HAS_PIPE2. One has to make these variables disappear on kfreebsd.

Thanks for digging into this a bit more, I had ran out of patience about that... anyway I have fixed it properly now and pushed it to experimental.

Sadly we now have one new failure, on arm64:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ocaml&arch=arm64&ver=4.05.0-5&stamp=1500739972&raw=0

E: Build killed with signal TERM after 150 minutes of inactivity

Even though this was built in experimental, it was built with the binutils from sid:

[..]
Get:21 http://mirror.netcologne.de/debian unstable/main arm64 binutils-dev arm64 2.28-6 [2182 kB]
[..]
Selecting previously unselected package binutils-dev.
Preparing to unpack .../19-binutils-dev_2.28-6_arm64.deb ...
Unpacking binutils-dev (2.28-6) ...
[..]

This did not happen with the previous builds, and I didn't change anything relating to arm64.

However after reading https://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=7585 I wonder if this is just the same issue? Apparently ocaml will generated aarch64 instructions that on some corner cases (which I don't understand) are incorrect and the new binutils simply rejects these? Perhaps with the old binutils, these same faulty corner cases will sometimes result in these test suite timeouts?

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git