Re: Working on the ounit package - and finding a slew of new packages are needed...

Hi,

Le mercredi 21 juin 2023 à 08:39 +0200, Stéphane Glondu a écrit :

> Updating ocaml-dune was on my radar.
>
> I've made a run of debian-opam-switch recently:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/ocaml-team/opam-debian-switch/-/blob/master/newer-in-opam.txt
>
> I think we should reduce this list as much as possible before
> updating OCaml to a new version (5.1?).

I don't know what opam-debian-switch does ; I'm mostly using my udd
page to get notified of new versions...

> So far, I've noticed that many of outdated packages require a newer
> version of ocaml-dune. That's why it was on my radar.

Yesterday I uploaded to NEW three packages: ppx_assert, ppx_cold and
jane-street-headers.

Today I'd like to work on ppx_inline_test, time_now and jst-config.

Tomorrow I'd like to work on pp and ppx_expect.

All of those will need to clear NEW before ocaml-dune can be updated in
unstable, but I'll still want to update the repository and use a local
package to check the depends for breakage (in their current version).

Is that plan ok with you?