Re: Next OCaml transition: 4.14.x

Hi

Le lun. 18 sept. 2023, 09:37, Stéphane Glondu <glondu@debian.org> a écrit :

OCaml 5.1.0 has just been released, and a version 4.14.2 will soon be
released. Current version in unstable is 4.13.1.

I played a bit with opam-debian-switch, and it turns out that (at least)
35 packages are broken (at the moment) with OCaml 5.1.0 whereas only 1
seems broken with 4.14.1.

Therefore, I am planning to migrate to 4.14.x first.

I agree with that plan ; can you list which packages get broken in each case?

Notice that as far as I know Coq isn't broken by the new OCaml but has performance issues with it - the Coq and OCaml upstreams are trying to fix this, so I expect new versions of both will get out when that will be fixed.

Cheers,

J.Puydt