Re: octave with sundials 3 (was: Sundials lagging behind upstream)

Hi Mike,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 12:31:21PM -0700, Mike Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 21:26:08 +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> > I have just seen that you uploaded sundials 3.1 to unstable, without
> > coordinating the transition. Now this is getting untangled with the octave
> > transition, and I see that sundials FTBFS on several archs. Sigh.
>
> Octave 4.4 doesn't work with sundials 3 at all, so we can simply make
> another source upload removing libsundials-dev from Build-Depends.
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52475 is tracking this upstream.

I tried a build of Octave 4.4 with sundials 3.1 and, strangely enough, it built
and passed the tests. It contains _ode15__.oct, but it looks like some higher
level functions (ode15i.m and ode15s.m) are disabled.

So I'm not sure it's worth removing the build dependency on libsundials-dev. It
seems to do no harm (except that it may delay the transition because of the
entangled uncoordinated sundials transition).

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer